log behavior

cleger at scs.carleton.ca cleger at scs.carleton.ca
Thu Aug 31 21:49:57 UTC 2006

Hello list,

I was wondering about how to do the following, if someone knows right off the
top of their head, or off the top of their head know where I will find the
answer to this specific question:

I wish to prevent certain logs (specifically, for now, /var/log/cups/page_log)
from being moved or deleted. This is so that, whenever I feel like it, I can
have a look at printing activity that has taken place, without having to
anticipate a daemon's removal of the logs. I want to be able to just look at the
logs when I wish, and to remove the logs manually if the need arises. What
should I do?

Thank you very much,

Christian Leger