redhat problem

sylvan dacounha sylvan_2804 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 7 07:23:30 UTC 2006

Hi ALL

  i have a REDHAT 9 server which is refusing to boot giving me segmentation fault ..
  but in rescue mode i can see all partitions and is fine.
  but when i try to excute commands like grep it gives segmentation fault,
  n excute ./configure jus says nothing.

  also i tried to reinstall REDHAT 9 but it everthing goes fine but when it start to copy files it copies the first file .. kernel n after copying the first file it jus hangs

  also i feel that the basic utilities are corrupted or my system hacked.

  i have many partitions like

  /
  /usr
  /var
  /home
  /boot
  /opt
  /usr/local

  now i have data in /usr and /opt

  can i safely erase the /boot n /usr n /usr/local so i can resi using mkfs and recreate the filsystem so i can install the kernel n the basic utils without harming the data in the other FS. or cd u advice me as to how i cd reinstall the system

   thnks and appreciate