<RHEL: SNTP Client>

Crouching Tiger crouchingtiger33 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 18:24:55 UTC 2006

Dear All,

I've been looking for information regarding SNTP support in Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 4 AS, however the result is inconclusive.

Today, SNTP is the most common use of the NTP infrastructure. Also, SNTP is
a small subset of the overall NTP functionality, so it has many unique
client implementations.

I have found information regarding NTP support. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
AS implements version 4 of the Network Time Protocol (NTP).

Could you please let me know if there is a SNTP client presently in the Red
Hat Enterprise Linux 4 AS?

Many thanks.

Best regards,
Silvia Lopes