<RHEL: SNTP Client>

Crouching Tiger crouchingtiger33 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 19:26:51 UTC 2006

Hello Aleksandar,

Thanks for your quick reply.

As you say, there isn't much advantage of running SNTP vs. NTP.
And, probably, one could "simulate" SNTP by ntpd configuration
regarding accurary. Is this right?

However, unlike NTP, SNTP uses connectionless UDP, and this may be the whole
point.
Does a NTP server consider the provision of time synchronization service
to a SNTP client? Or a SNTP client needs a SNTP server?

Many thanks.

Best regards.