Re. RHEL v. 4 and v.5

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Mon Dec 18 18:12:08 UTC 2006

Quoting Hari hara krishnan <harishkrist at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> What are features and benefits in RHEL 5 (As compare  to RHEL 4.0)

There's a long list of things that are updated in RHEL5.  Are you more
interested in server or workstation/laptop aspects?

Some of the things I can quickly remember, but there are many many more:

SATA hotplug and NCQ support (hardware dependant)
hibernate support (older implementation unfortunately, but seems to work)
resume from suspend finally works on my old laptop ;-)
NetworkManager finally usable with most (all?) wireless cards
Xen (virtualization) part of standard distribution