custom kickstart problem

joseph tacuyan joseph.mailboxlist at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 00:48:36 UTC 2006

On 12/1/06, Mike <mikeslec at gmail.com> wrote:

> Any kickstart gurus out there?
>
> I'm building an install CD with a kickstart cfg embedded in the iso (along
> with the initrd.img, isolinux.bin, etc).  According to the docs from RH,
> the
> kickstart file must be named ks.cfg.  So I built the iso, burned it to a
> CD,
> but when linux boots the box it doesn't see the ks file.  I tried a
> multitude of cmd line entries, such ks=cdrom:/ks.cfg, etc, but no
> go.  What
> am I doing wrong?

 A good manual for that,  i never encounter to copy the ks.cfg file embedded
into the CD itself
I use the floppy method and it works. Just make sure to check the details,
like on example here for CD: it should "ks=cdrom:/path/for/ks.cfg not unlike
the floppy that it looks for file.

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.2-Manual/custom-guide/s1-kickstart2-startinginstall.html

Mike
> --