Re: custom kickstart problem

On 12/1/06, Mike <mikeslec gmail com> wrote:

Any kickstart gurus out there?

I'm building an install CD with a kickstart cfg embedded in the iso (along
with the initrd.img, isolinux.bin, etc).  According to the docs from RH,
the
kickstart file must be named ks.cfg.  So I built the iso, burned it to a
CD,
but when linux boots the box it doesn't see the ks file.  I tried a
multitude of cmd line entries, such ks=cdrom:/ks.cfg, etc, but no
go.  What
am I doing wrong?

A good manual for that,  i never encounter to copy the ks.cfg file embedded
into the CD itself
I use the floppy method and it works. Just make sure to check the details,
like on example here for CD: it should "ks=cdrom:/path/for/ks.cfg not unlike
the floppy that it looks for file.

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.2-Manual/custom-guide/s1-kickstart2-startinginstall.html

Mike
--