Problems with software RAID1 Install using VMWare Workstation on RHEL4

Young, Mike Mike.Young at atosorigin.com
Fri Dec 1 14:13:07 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to configure software RAID1 on a VMWare workstation.  I've got six virtual disks created, and want to use 6 GB off of each of the first two to create my OS partition.  I'll build the other RAID partitions on the other spindles once I get the OS to boot.  That brings me to my problem.  The OS install lets me create the RAID1 array, but doesn't boot.  On reboot, after the install, I just get a blinking cursor, like it can't find any disks to boot from.  During the install, as RPMs are laid down, I see the RAID1 array working as advertised, with both virtual disk icons blinking in synchronicity, so the array is created - I just can't get it to boot.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Mike.