Physical Disk Size

Nigel Wade nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
Fri Dec 1 14:23:04 UTC 2006

Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com wrote:

> I have just found the info in dmesg when i do a "dmesg |grep SCSI", not
> sure why i did not see it before but thanks for all the replies.

You need to identify what the problem is with fdisk. Fdisk *should* be found by
root, and it should list every disk on the system if you don't tell it which
disk to display.

Did you just enter the command:

fdisk -l

The parameter is a letter l, not the number 1. The path to fdisk should be
/sbin/fdisk.

E-mail :    nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555