Which version of RedHat support php-4.4.4?

I have RedHat 3 and 4 running on various systems, but php-4.3 is the best I can install through up2date on the systems. php-4.4.4 builds on the system and I can install it in /usr/local, but I some of my web programs won't recognize the installation in / usr/local.

Does RedHat 5 support the upgrade to php-4.4?