Re: GD library

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces redhat com]On Behalf Of David Tonhofer
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 2:58 PM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: Re: GD library

Navarro, Rolando (CIP) wrote:
Dear all,

I am trying to install Module GD for my system but appear a error after I use make test command.
I read the help and I found that I need libgd but I dont find it, please can you help me, If anyone have installed this tool, give a hand!

You need these packages:

[root greyhound home]# rpm --query --all | grep gd
gd-2.0.28-4.4E.1
gd-devel-2.0.28-4.4E.1

[root greyhound home]# rpm --query --file /usr/lib/libgd.so.2.0.0
gd-2.0.28-4.4E.1

Best regards,

 -- David

Navarro, Rolando (CIP) wrote:
Hi,
I did it:

[root hpc-cip conf]# rpm --query --file /usr/lib/libgd.so.2.0.0
gd-2.0.28-4

But I cant install GD Perl Module.

GD.xs: In function `newDynamicCtx':

GD.xs:444: error: structure has no member named `gd_free'

Ok, do you have RPM package "gd-devel"?

Once you do, download the latest Perl package from CPAN:

              wget http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/GD/GD-2.35.tar.gz

Then try compiling. Compiling works on my machine but the test fails...hmmm......... except if I exclude GIF support.
Aha. Maybe it wasn't included in RH because of the patent problem?