How to submit application to a cluster?

Lord of Gore lordofgore at logsoftgrup.ro
Tue Dec 5 14:07:45 UTC 2006

mark wrote:
> Anmol Bedi wrote:
>> Dear All,
:) *Dear*, I know the hollydays are close but let's not get into the
Christmas spirit, at least not yet... :)

>> Our company has developed a php based campaign management system. It
>> uses
>> swift mail for the campaign mailing. Swift mail invokes sendmail to send
>> emails. I wish to integrate this mail sending on cluster. I have
>> installed
>> OSCAR cluster application on my server with 7 nodes. cluster is working
>> fine.
What is the bottleneck that you are trying to avoid? Is it the CPU
resources, the bandwidth? From what I know Oscar is used for sharing
hardware resources and mailing problems like the one I think you have
are addressed by load-balancing network connections. Maybe this is not
your case so you should post more info about your problem

>> how can i make this php application work on my cluster so that it
>> shares the load of sending out emails. help needed urgently.
>>
> Excuse the ignorance, but what's a "campaign management system"... and
> is it anything like unsolicited commercial email?
>
>     mark

No, I hope he refers to a application that injects banners on given
sites hosted on the servers considering filters, public targeting,
number of apparitions and so on.
Of course I could be dead wrong and give more credit to somebody I don't
know. In this case campaign management system will be *exactly* what you
said... :)
Hey, Anmol, what are you trying to do? Should we get concerned that
SORBS database will grow a little more? Should we give a donation to
them consisting in a harddrive to store the IP's you'll use? :)