DST Patch for Red Hat Servers

Gaddis, Jeremy L. jeremy at linuxwiz.net
Thu Dec 7 00:36:54 UTC 2006

On 12/6/06, Young, Mike <Mike.Young at atosorigin.com> wrote:
> I was wondering how Red Hat will be addressing the upcoming DST adjustments happening in 2007.  If you don't know about the time zone changes, here's a snip:
>
> ...will this be addressed with an NTP update, timezone updates, or...???

This affected us pretty good this last spring.  Indiana went back to
observing DST for the first time since sometimes in the '60's or
'70's.  If memory serves, this was addressed by Red Hat releasing an
updated "tzdata" package.  I would imagine they'll do the same thing
again, though I can't speak for them.

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis, MCP, GCWN
http://www.linuxwiz.net/