Re: Getting German special characters(Ex: Ü) printed on the terminal

Padiyath Sreekumaran schrieb:
  Hello,
  Iam running Redhat SL 3.0 on my Desktop machine. I use KDE.
How can I get Greman special characters printed correctly on the screen.? I donot see the in KDE window "Settings" menu
  the "Encoding" submenu. If I had this submenu then it is easier
to select the correct character type.(iso-8859-1). How can I install the "Encoding" part of the SW? Is it possible to define the character type from Unix commands? I tried the following without success:

  export LC_CTYPE=iso_8859_1

  I will appreciate very much your help.

Hi,

what dose your /etc/sysconfig/i18n looks like?

/Götz
--
Götz Reinicke
IT Koordinator