Re: Configuring multipathing on RHEL 4 system with Emulex drivers

On 08/12/06, James Marcinek <jmarc1 jemconsult biz> wrote:
Hello all,

We are configuring a backup server running RHEL 4. We have a DS4200 directly attached to the server. The system has Emulex drivers but I need to find the RDAC drivers to configure multi-pathing. Currently when we connect the controllers start thrashing back and forth (due to both paths being active). Does anyone know how to get this configured properly?

Thanks,

james

Hi James,

IBM tends to be a bit slow when it comes to updating its drivers.

Have you looked at the device-mapper package as a possible alternative?

Kind regards,

Herta