ftp from Red Hat AS 4.4 to Open VMS System

Troy Knabe knabe at 4j.lane.edu
Fri Dec 8 16:51:10 UTC 2006

I am migrating from some Solaris boxes to Red Hat.  I have a couple of
jobs that ftp a file to our legacy Alpha server running Open VMS (All on
a private network).

Anyway, from Sun and even Winders boxes the ftp works fine.  But from
any of my Red Hat boxes, I get connected and can even run some commands,
ie. status, rstatus.  But an ls, dir, get, or put all just hang forever.
  Does anyone have any ideas.  I have already tried both ftp binaries on
the boxes, and stopped iptables on the linux servers, with no luck.

Thanks
-Troy