Apply a update

Lord of Gore lordofgore at logsoftgrup.ro
Fri Dec 8 18:51:32 UTC 2006

Gaddis, Jeremy L. wrote:
> On 12/8/06, Edson Noboru Yamada <enyamada at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there a way to apply an update to a live installation on the same
>> way we
>> apply a service
>> pack to a windows server?
Unless you're talking about a kernel upgrade you should not have to
restart the server, just the service that was updated.
Updates are handled in about the same way that M$ deals with them. You
have an update utility that takes care of everything. If you think about
having 1 milion updates in just one file well I didn't see this yet and
I'm not sure if it will appear any time soon I think taking in
consideration 2 aspects of the problem:
1. Linux doesn't have 1 gzillion bugs, holes and security risks like windows
2. Because every admin tailors his setup by his needs using what
software he thinks it's best why should you download and try to install
an update for the yellow lights switch for the railway as long as you're
dealing with an airport?

Hope it helps