Disk Image Backup

Barry Brimer lists at brimer.org
Sat Dec 9 19:00:32 UTC 2006

> Hi -
>
> I have a legacy (RH 7.2) system and need to make an image copy of the hard
> drive.  If this machine goes down (hard drive gone) there is no way for me to
> rebuild the applications.  Can anyone out there help please?

Have you looked into Mondo Rescue?  <http://www.mondorescue.org/>

RHEL/CentOS 2.1 is largely based on RHL 7.2 with some enhancements from
RHL 7.3.  You might be able to rebuild on CentOS 2 without issue.  CentOS
is free.  CentOS 2 ISOs are available at:
<http://mirrors.easynews.com//linux/centos/2/final/isos/>

If all else fails, you could download RHL 7.2 at
<ftp://archive.download.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/>

Hope this helps.

Barry