Re: Disk Image Backup

Hi -

I have a legacy (RH 7.2) system and need to make an image copy of the hard drive. If this machine goes down (hard drive gone) there is no way for me to rebuild the applications. Can anyone out there help please?

Have you looked into Mondo Rescue?  <http://www.mondorescue.org/>

RHEL/CentOS 2.1 is largely based on RHL 7.2 with some enhancements from RHL 7.3. You might be able to rebuild on CentOS 2 without issue. CentOS is free. CentOS 2 ISOs are available at: <http://mirrors.easynews.com//linux/centos/2/final/isos/>

If all else fails, you could download RHL 7.2 at <ftp://archive.download.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/>

Hope this helps.

Barry