Re: Disk Image Backup

May be true, but I do not face that problem.

But agree with you, boot in rescue mode and give this command.

On 12/9/06, mark <mroth cfl rr com> wrote:

nilesh vaghela wrote:
> if you have enough space in local drive than give following command
>
> dd if=/dev/hda of=bkp.img bs=1024
<snip>
I reiterate: DO NOT TRY TO DO THIS WITH /dev - it will *never* end.
You'll be trying to "copy" devices, including, oh, /dev/null, /dev/true,
/dev/false, and on, and on....

        mark "only once, and I learned better"