Re: Intel VPRO

On 11/12/06, Chis (Ian Chisholm) <chis pet hw ac uk> wrote:
For interest's sake, is anyone else out there banging their head against
the problem of getting ANY version of Linux, let alone Redhat or Fedora
to install on a machine with the VPRO chipset on the motherboard?

We have over 100 HP 7700's coming in with this chipset and nothing
(Suse, Fedora 4, 5, 6, RHEL 4, Gentoo, Mepis, Knoppix) wants anything to
do with it.

Anyone working on this?

Ian.

UNIX and Network Security Manager
Institute of Petroleum Engineering
Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh.

As far as I can see, the specs for the 7700 don't list linux as a
supported operating system.  I know that doesn't necessarily mean it
won't work.  Still, did you mention linux when you ordered them?

Kind regards,

Herta