Re: Disk Image Backup

Try this

attach one more hdd with same capacity to the server.

Boot from rescue disk.

give command like

dd if=/dev/hda of=/dev/hdb bs=1024

will  make image of hda to hdb just use any of them will work.

But you need down time for maintenance

On 12/10/06, mark <mroth cfl rr com> wrote:

Michael Schwartz wrote:
> But will this image copy?  I need the entire operating system,
> everything that will allow me to take the copy HD and just replace the
> working HD and not go through any kind of special booting procedures.

I'm not sure you want that, perfectly, unless you'll be putting it on
another *identical* machine, same motherboard and CPU (and same
revisions on both).

        mark