Re: Intel VPRO

Chis (Ian Chisholm) wrote:
For interest's sake, is anyone else out there banging their head against
the problem of getting ANY version of Linux, let alone Redhat or Fedora
to install on a machine with the VPRO chipset on the motherboard?

We have over 100 HP 7700's coming in with this chipset and nothing
(Suse, Fedora 4, 5, 6, RHEL 4, Gentoo, Mepis, Knoppix) wants anything to
do with it.

Anyone working on this?

Wonderful - a hundred machines, and nobody got *one*, first, and prototyped what you were going to build?

Sorry - we're running Dells... though I have heard that the quad ethernets that come with the Dell 2910(?) are flaky, and our production team sent it back.

	mark