Re: ftp from Red Hat AS 4.4 to Open VMS System

On 08/12/06, Troy Knabe <knabe 4j lane edu> wrote:
I am migrating from some Solaris boxes to Red Hat.  I have a couple of
jobs that ftp a file to our legacy Alpha server running Open VMS (All on
a private network).

Anyway, from Sun and even Winders boxes the ftp works fine.  But from
any of my Red Hat boxes, I get connected and can even run some commands,
ie. status, rstatus.  But an ls, dir, get, or put all just hang forever.
  Does anyone have any ideas.  I have already tried both ftp binaries on
the boxes, and stopped iptables on the linux servers, with no luck.

Thanks
-Troy

Haven't touched vms in ages, so this may be way off, but there used to
be a problem when the vms account had a password over 8 characters
long.

Kind regards,

Herta