Server with hight IO Wait usage

Hello, list.

We have a great problem with our Oracle server (RedHat Linux 3 EL, Oracle
9i, Pentium Xeon ·ghz, RAID 5 SCSI, 8 Gb RAM, 16Gb swap). We've seen with
the command 'top' that IO wait statistics is, frequently, about 90-100%.

This server only have the oracle service. Sendmail and others services is in
another server.

Is there a bug with RedHat Enterprise 3 and Xeon proccesors?
Anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks very much.