Re: Disk Image Backup

one can use g4u give you exact functionality like Acronics.

But no gui.

Download g4u.iso and fire cd.

boot from the g4u bootable cd and can create ghost image over the network.

On 12/15/06, Michael Christian <mchristianjr gmail com> wrote:

If you have the money, the Acronix Linus Server works like a charm for us.
Create a bootable CD and image all of your other servers as well.

On 12/11/06, Allen Chen <achen harbourfrontcentre com> wrote:

> This idea is the best.
>

> nilesh vaghela wrote:
> > Try this
> >
> > attach one more hdd with same capacity to the server.
> >
> > Boot from rescue disk.
> >
> > give command like
> >
> > dd if=/dev/hda of=/dev/hdb bs=1024
> >
> > will  make image of hda to hdb just use any of them will work.
> >
> > But you need down time for maintenance

> the
> >>
> >> I'm not sure you want that, perfectly, unless you'll be putting it on
> >> another *identical* machine, same motherboard and CPU (and same
> >> revisions on both).
> >>
> >>         mark

Michael S. Christian Jr.