Re: Server with hight IO Wait usage

Yes it must be a Driver issue of RAID controller card.

Just check which RAID controller card is there.

You can post the type and mfg.

Some body may help you.

On 12/15/06, Debbie Tropiano <debbiet arlut utexas edu> wrote:

What type of RAID do you have?

There is a known bug with 3ware RAID systems
that I'm not sure has been fixed (I lost
track of that thread a while back when an
upgrade of our RAID card fixed our problem).

Debbie

On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 06:29:16PM +0100, Salvador Santander Gutierrez
wrote:
> Hello, list.
>
> We have a great problem with our Oracle server (RedHat Linux 3 EL,
Oracle
> 9i, Pentium Xeon ·ghz, RAID 5 SCSI, 8 Gb RAM, 16Gb swap). We've seen
with
> the command 'top' that IO wait statistics is, frequently, about 90-100%.
>
> This server only have the oracle service. Sendmail and others services
is in
> another server.
>
> Is there a bug with RedHat Enterprise 3 and Xeon proccesors?
> Anyone know how to solve this?
>
> Thanks very much.

| Debbie Tropiano                            |  debbiet arlut utexas edu
|
| Environmental Sciences Laboratory          |     +1 512 835 3367 w
|
| Applied Research Laboratories of UT Austin |     +1 512 835 3544 fax

| P.O. Box 8029, Austin, TX 78713-8029       | home email: debbie icus com|