Re: Re. RHEL v. 4 and v.5

Quoting Hari hara krishnan <harishkrist gmail com>:

Hi,

What are features and benefits in RHEL 5 (As compare  to RHEL 4.0)

There's a long list of things that are updated in RHEL5. Are you more interested in server or workstation/laptop aspects?

Some of the things I can quickly remember, but there are many many more:

SATA hotplug and NCQ support (hardware dependant)
hibernate support (older implementation unfortunately, but seems to work)
resume from suspend finally works on my old laptop ;-)
NetworkManager finally usable with most (all?) wireless cards
Xen (virtualization) part of standard distribution