Errors in Messages Log

Lord of Gore lordofgore at logsoftgrup.ro
Mon Dec 18 19:21:28 UTC 2006

Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com wrote:
> Hello,
>              I am currently getting the following errors logged in my
> /var/log/messages file every minute. The machines are used for Analysis
> work and are run 24/7.  Has anyone seen this error, if so what is it? and
> how do you stop it from happening.
>
> kernel: mpp970_s_5434a_(13740): floating-point assist fault at ip
> 2000000000195a81, isr 0000020000000008
>
> Regards
>
> Andrew Bridgeman

> This transmission is confidential and must not be used or disclosed by
> anyone other than the intended recipient. Neither Corus Group Plc nor
> any of its subsidiaries can accept any responsibility for any use or
> misuse of the transmission by anyone.

this says that mpp970 ... having process id 13740 made a floating point
operation that required software assistance. The mpp thing might be
associated with a <LONGSHOT>scanner you have on the system</LONGSHOT>?
:) Maybe with an intel 5434 chipset?
Not sure about disabling though... Maybe if it's the case update your
drivers. Check from where you have the mpp file and check for new
versions of the software.