Double entry logging from PAM uses different time zones

Clark, Patricia Clarkp at osti.gov
Tue Dec 19 00:09:51 UTC 2006

I am getting 2 entries in /var/log/secure for every login attempt action
via ssh.  I've been working with PAM today and so I've been looking at
the log quite a bit.  I reviewed the older logs and this has been
happening for quite a while, certainly prior to my activity today.
There isn't much ssh activity, so it doesn't really stand out in the
older logs.  It wouldn't be so annoying, but one entry is in local time
and the next entry is in GMT.  Even if I cannot reduce the double entry,
is there at least some way of using the same time zone?

Patti Clark
Unix System Administrator - RHCT
Office of Scientific and Technical Information