Cannot ping server name on remote side of WAN

Georges I. Carraha CarrahaG at arubadigital.com
Wed Dec 20 00:29:10 UTC 2006

Hello

Our resolv.conf seems ok.  It has the following lines:

	domain ruclaservices.local
	search ruclaservices.local
	nameserver 192.168.0.1

When we run nslookup on a Windows PC on the remote side, we get the
following results:

> nslookup rs-svr1.ruclaservices.local

	Server:  rs-svr1.ruclaservices.local
	Address:  192.168.0.1

	Name:    rs-svr1.ruclaservices.local
	Address:  192.168.0.1

> nslookup rs-svr1

	Server:  rs-svr1.ruclaservices.local
	Address:  192.168.0.1

	*** rs-svr1.ruclaservices.local can't find rs-svr1: Non-existent
domain

Regards,
Georges Carraha
mailto:CarrahaG at arubadigital.com
Aruba Digital Systems N.V.
Avenida Milio J. Croes 31
Oranjestad, Aruba
Dutch Caribbean
Tel:  (297) 583-9501     Fax: (297) 583-9504