Re: RedHat 9 upgrade

I've been using RedHat 9 for a while and am a total convert to linux -
however RedHat 9 is getting a bit 'tired' and I'd like to upgrade. But
I've looked at RH Enterprise WS and it seems a bit expensive at $179
(approx 100 GBP) compared to some other distros (eg SUSE 10). Any
suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated - thanks.

I recommend CentOS <http://www.centos.org> CentOS takes the SRPMs from RHEL and follows Red Hat's guidelines for redistribution. The user community is great. The distro is free, and they provide updates to their distribution as long as Red Hat provides updates. They also have some extra repositories with newer/different things to add i.e. newer versions of PHP, MySQL .. as well as enhanced kernels, etc.

Barry