Re: DNS Issues after setting up a WAN?

Um, is ruclaservices.local in your domain and search lists on your
windows PC box?

nslookup on your PC is using your local PC DNS settings, which include
your dns server as well as your domain/search priority.  the resolv.conf
on your linux box has no bearing whatsoever on your local PC.  If you
are using dhcp, make sure your dhcp server are setting these values,
otherwise you may have to hard code them.

Wayner

On 12/20/06, Georges I. Carraha <CarrahaG arubadigital com> wrote:
> Our resolv.conf on the server seems ok.  It has the following lines:
>
>         domain ruclaservices.local
>         search ruclaservices.local
>         nameserver 192.168.0.1
>

> When we run nslookup on a Windows PC on the remote side, we get the
> following results:
>
>         > nslookup rs-svr1.ruclaservices.local
>
>                 Server:  rs-svr1.ruclaservices.local
>                 Address:  192.168.0.1
>
>                 Name:    rs-svr1.ruclaservices.local
>                 Address:  192.168.0.1
>

>         > nslookup rs-svr1
>
>                 Server:  rs-svr1.ruclaservices.local
>                 Address:  192.168.0.1
>
>                 *** rs-svr1.ruclaservices.local can't find rs-svr1:
> Non-existent domain
>

> Can anyone tell us why this is the case and how we can not correct
it?

It appears that the windows PC has a resolver problem. I'm not a
windows user or admin so perhaps someone who is can be of more help.
Is there a resolv.conf on a windows PC? What does it have in it?
Search domains set there or somewhere else? What is the domain of the
windows PC?

John