RE: warning dialog box

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Bill Tangren
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 11:49 AM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: warning dialog box

Could someone point me to a link that explains how to present the user,
sitting
at the GUI console, with a dialog box either before or after login? I'm
using
gdm for console login.

TIA,

Bill Tangren

Bill,
	In the /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf file is a setting that will display
a dialog box before login (RHEL-WS 3 & 4):

#If InfoMsgFile points to a file, the greeter will display the contents
of
# the file in a modal dialog box before the user is allowed to log in.
 InfoMsgFile=/etc/message.txt

Where /etc/message.txt contains the message you wish to have displayed.
This only contains a 'OK' button so it might not apply in your case.
Also if someone walks by and hits the 'OK' button but never logs in, the
dialog never reappears.

~smbinyon