Apache Server (Oracle)

Michael Velez mikev777 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 22 07:28:30 UTC 2006

To start the Oracle Enterprise Manager, you need to execute the following
command as the oracle user:

$ORACLE_HOME/bin/emctl start dbconsole

I usually start the listener, the databases, and the enterprise manager in
an oracle script in init.d.  To start the Oracle Enterprise Manager for more
than one database instance, you need to call the emctl command for each
instance setting the ORACLE_SID variable to the appropriate instance before
each call to emctl.

Hope this helps,
Michael

I have included the script I use below for your reference (be careful, I've
seen my microsoft outlook mess with the formatting and delete characters):

------- START OF SCRIPT ----------

#!/bin/bash
#
# chkconfig: 345 99 01
#
the Oracle Listener
#

ORACLE_HOME=/usr/oracle/orahome
ORACLE=oracle

LOG=${ORACLE_HOME}/startup.log
touch $LOG
chmod a+r $LOG
chown oracle:dba $LOG

PATH=${PATH}:${ORACLE_HOME}/bin

if [ -f /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions ]; then
        . /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions
fi

case $1 in
'start')
	echo "Starting Oracle Services" > $LOG
	date >> $LOG

	echo -n "Starting Oracle Net Listener"
	runuser - $ORACLE -c "$ORACLE_HOME/bin/lsnrctl start >> $LOG 2>&1"
	sleep 2
        PID=`pidof -s -x -o $$ -o $PPID -o %PPID tnslsnr`
        if [ $PID ]
	then
		echo_success
	else
		echo_failure
	fi
	echo

	echo -n "Starting Oracle Database"
	runuser - $ORACLE -c "$ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbstart >> $LOG 2>&1 &"
	if [[ $? = 0 ]]
	then
		echo_success
	else
		echo_failure
	fi
	echo

	echo -n "Starting Oracle Enterprise Manager For Database Trade"
	ORACLE_SID=oradb
	runuser - $ORACLE -c "$ORACLE_HOME/bin/emctl start dbconsole >> $LOG
2>&1 &"
	if [[ $? = 0 ]]
	then
		echo_success
	else
		echo_failure
	fi
	echo

	touch /var/lock/subsys/oracle
	;;
'stop')

	echo -n "Stopping Oracle Net Listener"
	runuser - $ORACLE -c "$ORACLE_HOME/bin/lsnrctl stop >> $LOG 2>&1"
	if [[ $? = 0 ]]
	then
		echo_success
	else
		echo_failure
	fi

	echo -n "Stopping Oracle Database"
	runuser - $ORACLE -c "$ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbshut >> $LOG 2>&1"
	if [[ $? = 0 ]]
	then
		echo_success
	else
		echo_failure
	fi

	ORACLE_SID=oradb
	echo -n "Stopping Oracle Enterprise Manager For Database Trade"
	runuser - $ORACLE -c "$ORACLE_HOME/bin/emctl stop dbconsole >> $LOG
2>&1 &"
	if [[ $? = 0 ]]
	then
		echo_success