Re: VPN

Lord of Gore wrote:
Mad Unix wrote:
I want to setup/configureuse Linux as VPN server for Windows clients? The
VPN would operate over the internet.
any one did that before, if yes please your iput would be really
appreciated.

The best VPN solution I know is IPSEC over L2TP. You can allways use GRE (Generic Router Encapsulation) but it is IP over IP and so it is not so secure but easier to setup and faster. You can bring up these tunnels using OpenVPN.

Coming back. OpenVPN does *not*, i repeat, does *not* :) support IPSEC. It's OpenSWAN you should use.

*Note to myself: Indeed the keybord types faster than one can think... :))