Apache Server (Oracle)

Gaddis, Jeremy L. jeremy at linuxwiz.net
Fri Dec 22 15:05:03 UTC 2006

On 12/22/06, mark <mroth at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> Actually, speaking of Oracle, and startup scripts, anyone know what the
> correct runlevel is to start Oracle - 1? 2? 3?

Um, whichever runlevel you're running in?  There is no right or wrong.
 I may very well be wrong, but I believe Red Hat defaults to runlevel
5.  For my servers, I always either 1) change this to runlevel 3, or
2) disable the startup of X11 in the default runlevel.  A quick check
shows a number of my servers at runlevel 3.

If you want Oracle to startup automatically after the server boots up,
you'll want to enable startup for whatever your default runlevel is
(which can be found in /etc/inittab).

-j

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis, MCP, GCWN