Apache Server (Oracle)

Michael Velez mikev777 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 22 15:19:45 UTC 2006

I've always used run-levels as the following:

1: single-user
2: multi-user (stand-alone)
3: multi-user (networked)
5: X applications

I've actually never used 4 myself, but I guess somebody can customize it to
a combination of 3 and 5.

So I guess oracle can be used anywhere from 2 to 5 but I usually set it to
345 since I consider runlevel 3 the first server level.  Runlevel 2 was the
standard (and topmost) runlevel 20 years ago when things like NFS were not
prevalent.

DISCLAIMER: I am no longer an IT professional and would defer to the current
professionals on the list.

That's my take,
Michael