Re: VPN

if you recompile the kernel you will lost Red Hat licence , but you can
update it from RHN via your account.

Double check with Red Hat support for this item before you do it.

On 12/22/06, Gaddis, Jeremy L. <jeremy linuxwiz net> wrote:

On 12/22/06, Mad Unix <madunix gmail com> wrote:
> i am using Redhat Linux RHEL 4, do i need to recompile my kernel
> [master intra ~]$ uname -a
> Linux intra 2.6.9-5.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jan 5 19:30:39 EST 2005 i686 i686
i386
> GNU/Linux

Do you need to?

Probably not, unless it's missing a feature that you need or you want
to squeeze every little bit of performance out of it that you can.

You probably want to at least update it, however.  Note that up2date
will not update your kernel by default (see "pkgSkipList=" option in
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date).

-j

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis, MCP, GCWN