Re: VPN

Or are you saying that Red Hat will not offer support if you're not
using one of their kernels?

Yes.

check with them please, this is what i knew.

On 12/22/06, Gaddis, Jeremy L. <jeremy linuxwiz net> wrote:

On 12/22/06, Waleed Harbi <waleed harbi gmail com> wrote:
> if you recompile the kernel you will lost Red Hat licence , but you can
> update it from RHN via your account.
>
> Double check with Red Hat support for this item before you do it.

Say what?  Can you provide more information or this (or a URL with
more information)?  I've compiled "custom" kernels on RHEL machines
and not had any adverse affects.  I do have a satellite server that my
servers update with, however, if that makes a difference.

Or are you saying that Red Hat will not offer support if you're not
using one of their kernels?

Thanks,
-j

--