Re: RAID

On 12/23/06, Larry D Sorensen <larry sorensen juno com> wrote:
I have 3 small SCSI disks attached to my server. Can anyone explain to me
how I can pool these three disks together into a RAID array that uses
striping?

That depends on whether or not you have a hardware RAID card in your
server.  If you do, you'll go into the card's "BIOS" (usually) and
create a logical drive based on your physical hard disks.  Without
knowing what type of server and what type of RAID card, we can't
provide you with step-by-step instructions.

If you don't have a hardware RAID card, you can implement "software
RAID", which is built into the kernel.  For more information on
software RAID, see the software RAID HOWTO at
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Software-RAID-HOWTO.html.

Look into the documention for either your hardware RAID card or the
software RAID HOWTO, then post any specific questions you have
regarding implementation.

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis, MCP, GCWN
http://www.linuxwiz.net/