Re: question about cron

On 12/26/06, Bill Tangren <bjt aa usno navy mil> wrote:
I have one server on which it does not seem that the cron daemon is working. I
use cron to do system backups and to rotate those backups (as well as quite a
few other things). None of them seem to be happening.

My question is, what do I look for in the logs to determine whether or not the
cron daemon is running, and if not, why not?

# chkconfig --list crond
crond           0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
# service crond status
crond (pid 3311) is running...

/var/log/cron may be helpful.

John