Re: how to setup the squid server

Hi

also, in the file /etc/squid/squid.conf under the acl section you will find:

# INSERT YOUR OWN RULE(S) HERE TO ALLOW ACCESS FROM YOUR CLIENTS

# Example rule allowing access from your local networks. Adapt
# to list your (internal) IP networks from where browsing should
# be allowed
#acl our_networks src 192.168.1.0/24 192.168.2.0/24
#http_access allow our_networks

You need to unhash the last two lines and then set the IP range to match you network, so it may be:

acl our_networks src 192.168.2.0/24
http_access allow our_networks

for example

squid will then accept connections from hosts with IP addresses in that range.

John