ES or Fedora

Robert Canary rwcanary at ocdirect.net
Thu Dec 28 20:19:18 UTC 2006

Well according to their pre-sales (I called)....

ME: "The website says the CD and distribution manual are,..'optional?'

RH: "The current distribution is 4.4, the box set is only 4.1, everybody
always wants to download it. So it is an extra $25 for the box set."

ME:"The price has gone up substantially, so I am wondering exactly what
is it I am buying if you don't even send the box set anymore."

RH:"30 days support, and one year of updates[RedHat Network]"

ME: Whooooaa!  Okay Thank you.

I guess they have taken a new twist on the market.  They'll give you the
software, but charge you for the right to update.  I guess its not as
bad as the other guys, who charge you for a broken OS, and charge you
again when they release new version to fix the old version.

Humph......Okay I'll buy the ES with the 4.1 CDs.  I'm okay with that :-)