Re: How to change NIC alias?

Take a look at /etc/modprobe.conf

On 12/28/06, Linux Man <linuxman uru gmail com> wrote:
Hello all.
I'm installing over a PC with 3 ethernet cards, one onboard
(gigabit) and the another two discrete PCI.
During installation I have no choice to control who will be eth0, eth1
and eth2, but I need that eth0 be the onboard ethernet.
In the end of the installation, it turned out to be one of the
discrete ethernet eth0.
I need to change that alias, so that the actual eth0 become eth1 and vice versa.
Thanks a lot