no mail from / for root

j_70 at comcast.net j_70 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 11 14:49:14 UTC 2006

I've included what I believe is relevant:

# Basic system aliases -- these MUST be present.
mailer-daemon:  postmaster
postmaster:     root

# General redirections for pseudo accounts.
mail:           root
news:           root
mailnull:       root

# mailman aliases
mailman:        postmaster
mailman-owner:  mailman

# Person who should get root's mail
#root:          marc

I imagine that last entry is the source of my problem? There is no user 'marc'. Also, what about non-root users they are not getting mail either. Thanks for your help with this.

From: Steve Rieger <riegersteve at gmail.com>