mails VIA specific mailhost

Gavin McDonald gavitron at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 16:45:25 UTC 2006

You need to (install,) update, & recompile your sendmail.cf file.

First install/update it,
# Up2date sendmail-cf

Next, Add the following lines to /etc/mail/sendmail.mc:

define(`SMART_HOST',`mail.yourlocaldomain.local')
MASQUERADE_AS(`yourdomain.com')
FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)
FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain)
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(localhost)
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(localhost.localdomain)
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(yourdomain.com)
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(yourlocaldomain.local)

Now commit the changes by running
# m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/mail/sendmail.cf

then restart sendmail like so:
# service sendmail restart

If it wasn't clear enough above,
  "mail.yourlocaldomain.local" is the local address of your mail server,
  "yourdomain.com" is the domain that the mail should come from,
  "yourlocaldomain.local" is the suffix of your local domain, for
completeness.

Regards,

Gavin McDonald
EVI Logistic Enterprises