linux vs SAN

Tom Callahan callahant at tessco.com
Wed Feb 1 16:11:04 UTC 2006

Your problem is you are partitioning the disk on one machine, and then
trying to use it on another. On the second machine, issue the command
`partprobe` prior to attempting to use the disk. This will pickup the
partitioning changes, and you should now see the disk as you did on the
first machine.

Thanks,

Tom Callahan
TESSCO Technologies
Desk: (410)-229-1361
Cell: (443)-506-6216
Email: callahant at tessco.com

A real engineer only resorts to documentation when the keyboard dents on the forehead get too noticeable.