Password livetime

Hello,

I must change the password policy of my RH 9.0 server.
The rules must be :
- At least 6 characters min legnth.
- Livetime 6 mounths
- Lock account, during 1 hour, after 3 failed attempt.

For the 2 first rules, I change /etc/login.defs but when I create a new user
with the user account manager gui. I don't see limits in the zone password
time live !!!!!

Where is the problem ?
Is there a file where I must tell use password limits ?
That don't work with the gui ?

The rules are working on the next password change ?

Thanks

Thierry