Stale NFS file handle

Gavin McDonald gavitron at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 22:38:23 UTC 2006

Jake,

I've had a similar problem to this, but when I umount -f, it would fail
because there were files in use...  an lsof told me which processes were
still trying to access the NFS mounts, killing them (kill -HUP) was enough
to free the filesystem locks, and umount -f, mount -a the NFS links.

YMMV, since I see no "file in use" errors in your output...

Regards,

Gavin McDonald
EVI Logistic Enterprises
email: me at gavitron.com