Help with ES v3 Raid1 (Mirror)

Cleber P. de Souza cleberps at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 11:13:39 UTC 2006

Ryan,

Recreate the initrd using mkinitrd is only needed when you are
bootting your / because raid1 must be loaded into kernel to know how
to mount raid1 partitions.
To boot other partitions as /boot /home and others created partitions
the raid1 module could be loaded as module using insmod.
In your command I also added --preload=raid --with=raid1 to specify
that I want create initrd with raid1 support into kernel.

Cleber P. de Souza