What Does This Mean?

Coleman, Kelley (HAC) Kelley.Coleman at va.gov
Mon Feb 6 15:08:12 UTC 2006

userhelper[32200]: pam_timestamp: timestamp file
`/var/run/sudo/oracle/unknown:root' has unacceptable age (143385
seconds), disallowing access to system-config-users for UID 500

userhelper[32200]: pam_timestamp: updated timestamp file
`/var/run/sudo/oracle/unknown:root'

userhelper[32208]: running
'/usr/share/system-config-users/system-config-users' with root
privileges on behalf of 'oracle'

I'm particularly curious about the 'unacceptable age' part.  I do often
su to root from oracle, but I don't understand where the 143385 seconds
comes from. It works out to like 40 hours. I'm not aware of any
continuous connection I would have that would be open that long. And
actually, now I see it says 'sudo', which I never use interactively.
Maybe it's an internal Oracle thing? Any thoughts?

Kelley Coleman
Database Administrator
VA Health Administration Center
Denver, Colorado
303-331-7521-o

Confidentiality Note:  This e-mail is intended only for the person or
entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure.
Dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail or the
information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is
prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender by reply e-mail, phone, or fax, and destroy the original
message and all copies. Thank you